Friday, October 28, 2011

Living with Gastroparesis...The Invisable Pain! Flair up madness

Another visit to the ER last night, that makes something like my 89th visit (not like im counting) luckily i only waited for 15 mins before they got me a bed. I got a Dr. that i have had a few times before she was VERY helpful and VERY understanding right away she ordered me pain and nausea medication, didnt even bother giving me an IV considering all my veins are shot due to too many IV's so they did a dry stick to collect blood and gave me Dilaudid (hydromorphon) and phenergan in a shot in my butt :( NOT FUN! but made me feel alot better! Ran my blood and urine to make sure there was nothing else going on. All though i do have a small 1.7 cyst on my left ovary the Dr. didnt seem to think its anything to worry about. She sent me home with a prescription of pain meds.. 


That is pretty much how every ER visit goes..some times the Dr. will tell me i have an addiction to narcotics and will refuse to help me and they send me away most the time after i have waited 3-5 hours in the waiting room. Most the time i will get a nice understanding but not very educated on Gastroparesis. 


I AM ALSO 7 DAYS LATE... IM USUALLY REGULAR MAYBE 2 DAYS SHY OR LATE BUT NEVER 7 DAYS. IM SURE ITS JUST THE CYST AND OR MY STRESS LEVELS OR MAYBE THE WEATHER... I WOULD LOVE TO BE PREGNANT BUT ITS JUST NOT THE TIME PHYSICALLY, FINANCIALLY, OR EMOTIONALLY BUT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND GOD ONLY GIVES YOU WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE.
   
i also had a pain management apt yesterday BUT the stupid nurses forgot to put me in the system so the dr would not see me and i had to reschedule for 3 weeks out. That really frustrates me because i have to go to the ER when im in pain and vomiting and we are usually there till 1am or 2am and i know thats hard on my husband who has to be up at 5am to drive all the way to DC most the time we fight like cats and dogs in the emergency room witch makes me even more sick, stress is my number one factor to my illness.. i know hes frustrated and tired but sometimes i just wish he would understand more that the way he treats me makes me feel worse physically and emotionally... we are still working on things, this last visit was awesome NO fighting he stood by my side the whole time...


What my disease (Gastroparesis) has taught me thus far: The words "no cure", "idiopathic", and "irreversible" 


does NOT mean "impossible", "the end", or "no hope" ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment